Setting tests is the bane of every teacher’s life. They take ages to put together, even longer to mark and then -when you do- you find that the kids have taken your questions far too literally. They might have technically answered correctly, but that doesn’t mean that they deserve a good grade! Some younger kids do get genuinely confused when asked to do things like ‘name these shapes’, but you can’t help but smile at the older pupils cheeky answers.
Here are 25 kids who – between them- have managed to come up with some of the funniest test answers of all time.
1. Poor cells 🙁
2. Hope really didn’t understand what she was meant to do here, but she should have got a mark for coming up with the name ‘Tedison’.
3. Don’t be negative, Warren. Plenty of people live to be 105 years old!
4. Nice. Bonus mark for the use of calligraphy hearts.
5. Very funny. Bet this kid won’t be as cheeky when he’s working in Burger King!
6. Very true…though unfortunately the ‘everyone benefits’ part isn’t always the case.
7. Water doesn’t get any harder than this.
8. Again, very true. Did this kid get a mark, or sent out of class for being a smartass? We’ll never know.
9. You can’t argue with that.
10. But what happened to the 1?
11. This teacher’s clearly been hurt in the past.
12. Why, small child? WHY WOULD YOU WRITE THIS? o_O
13. So many questions here. Does this kid actually speak Chinese, or did they just copy a takeout menu?
14. A kid’s gotta do what a kid’s gotta do.
15. Well kid, this ‘nerd’ is probably going to end up earning a lot more than you when he’s a famous musician.
16. Teacher: “Will EVERYONE please stop being so LITERAL.”
17. Harsh, kid. There’s no proof that Lady Gaga has more than one set of bits.
18. ‘Thanks for not blowing our cover, kid.”
19. Racism…or possibly Linnaean taxonomy.
20. You can just hear the sarcasm dripping out of that teacher comment. Detention beckons.
21. Badum tish.
22. Writing a smart ass response to a test question is certainly risky, all right.
24. Only if he’s lucky.
25. What do you mean ‘nice try’. That’s a perfectly valid answer!
If you thought this post was funny, why not share it with a friend…particularly if they’re a teacher or professor!