They say that the camera never lies. As a snapshot of a moment in time, people use photographs and videos to prove all sorts of things – the guilt or innocence of defendants, whether a ball is over the line in a soccer or tennis match, which runner crossed the line first, and so on.
But they can also sometimes get things wrong. Optical illusions, awkwardly placed body parts, photobombing animals – they can all change the image so it looks like something else is going on. Apparently innocent photos can be made to look awkward or even downright rude by an errant arm or passing stranger.
We’ve compiled a list of some of the most hilarious camera mishaps in history. Once you see it, you can’t unsee it!
- I hope that’s her feet.
2. Spiderman is packing heat.
3. So *that’s* why she’s looking so pleased with herself
4. Couldn’t you have waited until half time, ref?
5. Mom’s can be soooo embarrassing.
6. Colonic irrigation for the elderly?
7. Micky gets a bit creepy after a few drinks
8.”Were you girls looking for the Eiffel Tower?”
9. She’s not quite got the hang of the visual aids yet…
10. Everyone loves a sausage.
11. And on live television, as well.
12. My furry friend.
13. Who knew that were in fact many Big Bens?
14. Careful how you carry your neck pillows.
15. A bit cheeky, this one.
16. They’re having a *very* close chat
17. He’s escaping!
18. There’ll be plenty of time for that later, buddy.