In Russia, getting married isn’t so much about the big dress or cake. Or even the vows. Nope, out east it’s all about the wedding photos. And not just pictures of the congregation smiling politely. We’re talking heavily-Photoshopped efforts, presumably fiddled with by someone blind drunk (if these photos are anything to go by). Trust us, they’re mental.
Don’t believe us? You soon will!
1. This man’s got a decent throw on him, hasn’t he?
2. ‘Babies in cabbages? For me? Oh, you shouldn’t have! Really, I’d have preferred it had you not.’
3. Here’s one of those classic ‘groom hides behind a small wall’ pictures that ever bride dreams of.
4. This is why you never leave it up to the groom’s dad to book the music at your wedding.
5. ‘Look our fine selection of luncheon meat!’
6. Some of these are just beautiful though, aren’t they? Eh? Hello? No? Oh.
7. ‘It was a lovely service. Until that Transformer turned up and blew up the church.’
8. They’ve intentionally made it look as though the groom is coming out of a cow’s backside in this one. INTENTIONALLY.
9. Finally, something a little classy.
10. Tall couple.
11. The groom as a predator? Not a great image on your wedding day.
12. And another one. The bride may be the bird here, but she’s been caught by the giant groom who looks like he’s about to devour her.
13. Let’s just hope this chap didn’t have a complex about his size before the wedding, eh?
14. His wife is an angel. With crudely felt-tipped wings.
15. ‘You can’t park that here, sir…’
16. This Russian fella looks like he’s in for a fun marriage, doesn’t he?
17. We hope this one’s Photoshopped, anyway.
18. Blimey. Isn’t this a crime scene photo?
19. Isn’t it nice that they finally passed that law allowing centaurs to marry?
20. Again – some of these are just terrifying.
21. You’d probably want your money back after seeing this one, wouldn’t you?
22. ‘Yeah, I don’t mind want you do with the pictures. Just make sure I look abnormally strong. Cheers.’
23. This photograph nicely captures the couples’ hobbies: playing the accordion, blowing trumpets and standing next to bright orange statues of Lenin.
24. Are they… Chickens?!
25. Fiddling with his wife.
26. If regular-sized swans can break someone’s arm, imagine what this monster swan could do. With a flick of its mighty wing, this bird could turn these celebrating newlyweds into dust.
27. ‘I see. And you want to be in the car? Oh. You want to be… the wheels? You want your heads to be the wheels of the car? Right.’
28. Stay classy, Moscow.
29. ‘Of course I’ll marry you! You’ve got a crossbow aimed at me.’
30. And finally – here’s the classic wedding photo: The ‘stab your husband through the head with a baguette’ photo. Touching stuff.
We now pronounce you mad and weird!
Know someone getting married? Why not share this with them and inspire them with some interesting photography ideas?!