Pregnancy can be a worrying time for a lady. The spectre of labour looms large. It’s hugely daunting. So a baby shower can be a nice break. A little party to dwell on the lighter side of things. A few (non-alcoholic) drinks, a nice spot of food… Maybe some cake.
BUT NOT THESE CAKES. FERCHRISSAKES NOT THESE ONES. THE HORROR. THE HORROR!
1. This one looks like a suckling pig. Covered in jelly. Delicious. What’s with the snooty look, though?!
2. Dirty diaper cake with chocolate flecks. Stay classy, baby shower!
3. Transparent bump. WEIRD.
4. The birth scene from Alien… Thanks for that, friend!
5. A more basic effort here, but no less disgusting. Still, at least it’s to scale.
6. There’s something really off-putting about surgical scissors made out of frosting, isn’t there?
7. Little bit of baby bump maths, here…
8. Nothing like a straightforward message from your loved ones, is there?
9. Now this one’s DEFINITELY not to scale…
10. And nor is this one. Though he’s kind of cute, isn’t he? Aaah.
11. Looks like you’re gonna need it, Rachel…
12. These realistic ones really freak us out…
13. These are still remarkable firm and upstanding for a cake that’s just given birth!
14. C’mon. Now some of these are just creepy. They’re not even trying to make this one cute.
15. The C-section cake. 🙂
16. Has this lady swallowed her phone?!
17. We hope that’s the umbilical cord…
20. There’s a bun in the oven.
21. This doesn’t make childbirth look all that fun, does it?
22. Midwifery’s taken as somewhat of a sport at Erlanger Hospital by the looks of it…
23. Yeah, these cupcakes aren’t creepy at all, are they?
24. That’s not a healthy colour, is it?
25. MEAT BABY.
26. That’s the most evil man in the universe. Handling a baby.
27. This kid’s being born with a pacifier already in its mouth. Saves a trip to the store, at least.
28. Tiny. Tiny little (extremely weird) baby cupcakes. Still, they’re well made!
29. Ethan the baby crab.
30. Racy underwear.
31. Sperm cakes!
32. Babies riding missile cakes! Oh – we mean carrot cakes. 🙁
33. The Cat In The Hat here, who went on to become a midwife after Dr. Seuss stopped writing him.
34. ‘Congratulations, it’s a frog!’
35. And we’ve saved the best ’til last…