We’re all used to advertising, aren’t we? Junk food, toys, cars… Anything that big companies want you to part with money for – they’ll be ads for them. But not all commercials are cynical attempts to make you buy things. Some big advertising campaigns have a real message behind them. There’s a social problem that needs addressing and it’s been tackled head on.
Here are 36 quite shocking examples of what we’re talking about here. We guarantee you that some of these messages will make you think.
1. Plastic bags can kill. Be careful.
2. You are not a sketch. Don’t starve yourself.
3. Don’t litter – birds will eat your junk and could die.
4. Don’t talk and drive.
5. This ad mocks up a quit smoking message in the middle of a book.
6. This special bra is an anti-breast cancer campaign.
7. Be careful when driving.
8. Slow down on the roads.
9. Don’t drink and drive.
10. Look after your pets.
11. Just liking things on Facebook isn’t enough when it comes to charity.
12. Dogs aren’t footballs!
13. Skin colour shouldn’t matter.
14. Don’t lose control when you drink.
15. Be careful with guns.
16. Gun control’s an issue. Especially around children.
17. Being homeless isn’t easy.
18. Lung cancer awareness ad.
19. Another cancer commerical.
20. Child protection is always important.
21. Anti-censorship campaign.
22. Anti mass tuna farming ad asks you to imagine tuna as another animal…
23. Greenpeace ad.
24. Species die out every 60 seconds.
25. Save paper.
26. Watch what animal products you buy abroad.
27. Tailgating isn’t worth it.
28. Wear a seatbelt.
30. Poverty – think about it the next time you’re shopping.
31. Smoking’s still bad for you!
32. Smoking ages you.
33. Watch where you discard your carrier bags.
34. Amnesty International call for freedom.
36. Be careful with your children’s smartphones.
They’re quite powerful, some of these, aren’t they? They’ve certainly made us think about a few things…
Why not share this post with anyone you think would appreciate some of these brilliant messages.