There’s barely a day that goes by nowadays that doesn’t see us using Google, is there? What started off as a little tech company that wanted to set up a search engine for the burgeoning internet has since turned into a data behemoth. It’s one of the world’s biggest and most progressive organizations, but while they may have plenty of digital fingers (digits?) in plenty of digital pies, it’s their search engine that we still mostly use, isn’t it? And while it’s great for looking up things, there are plenty of other neat little features that Google.com has too..
Here are our top 20 Google tricks:
1. You can set a timer. Cool for cooking/making sure you don’t go over lunch breaks.
2. Work out what percentage tip to give a server.
3. Find holidays.
4. Find out when a movie is due to be released.
5. Check out TV series’ episodes in detail and their schedules.
6. Find out all the big songs by any band.
7. Or books by an author…
8. Check flight times.
9. Find out when the sun rises and sets anywhere in the world.
10. Learn about business – like company founders.
11. Do a barrel roll!
12. Or TILT!
13. Get an infinite search loop by searching for ‘Recursion’.
14. Get anagram suggestions.
15. Even when you don’t want them!
16. If you search for ‘Festivus’, Google will even give you your very own aluminium Festivus pole.
17. Get geeky.
18. Treat it like a big ol’ dictionary.
19. Compare calories.
21. Google ‘Google in 1998’ and you;ll get a retro version of the search engine!